...

a student blog to consider issues in education, and other teacher-y things.

Friday 17 February 2012

Just an observation

Well ... this is not an issue in teaching. Just an observation.
I was thinking today about my classmates in the early years stream, and about the strengths each one brings with her (and him, for those few who are guys). Every now and then I'm struck by how great this person or that will be in the classroom, and today it occurred to me that I've probably had that thought about every person in my class at one time or another.
Such a comfort, knowing that our future educators are such competent, dedicated people.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! To be honest, I have found that in each of the teachers with whom I have worked, too. Overtime, I have come to believe that our criticisms of teachers more often than not (although not always) develop from a difference in values. I think we need to push ourselves to ask the same question about our colleagues as you asked about your classmates, "What does this person bring?"

    Thanks, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments are always welcome.